What does this signify?This is a clear indication that the Refrigerator (fridge) is an integral part of every house today. No house is complete without this appliance standing in the corner of your dining room.
Naturally, you have to do your homework right before buying the best Refrigerator of your choice.
There are hundreds of fridge brands available in the market. Frankly speaking, these brands can confuse you a lot with their tall claims.
You need a simple guide to help you narrow down your choices. This article provides the right answers thereby enabling you to make a simple but informed choice.We Highly recommend you to read the Refrigerator Buying Guide at the end of the article to get in-depth knowledge about all the latest Refrigerator technologies.
Table of Contents
- Best Refrigerator in India 2020
- 1. LG 260 Litres 3-Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – GL-1292RPZL
- 2. Samsung 253 L 3-Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – RT28T3483S8/HL
- 3. Whirlpool 265 L 3-Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – IF INV CNV 278
- 4. LG 420 L 3-Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – GL-1472QPZX.DPZZEBN
- 5. Samsung 324-L 3-Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – RT34T4513S8/HL
- 6. Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Multi-door Refrigerator – FP 263D
- 7. BPL 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator – BRS564H
- 8. Whirlpool 190L 3-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – WDE 205 CLS 3S
- 9. LG 190 L 4-star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – GL-B201ASPY
- 10. Samsung 192 L 4-star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator – RR20T182XR8/HL
- Best Refrigerator in India – Buying Guide
- Final Words – Wrapping it up
Best Refrigerator in India 2020
1. LG 260 Litres 3-Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – GL-1292RPZL
LG is a popular name in consumer appliances in India. Almost every house in India has at least one LG product. Better known for its reliability, LG refrigerators have some of the best compressors in the industry. This refrigerator comes with delectable features. It indeed qualifies as one of the best refrigerators under Rs 25,000 in India today.
- Frost-free double door fridge with a capacity of 260 litres
- 3-star energy rating (as per 2020 standards)
- Smart Inverter Compressor
- One-year comprehensive warranty on the product
- Additional nine years warranty on the compressor
The highlight of this LG fridge is the smart inverter compressor. This compressor is designed to deliver greater efficiency when ensuring an extended freshness retention period. At the same time, it makes the least noise.
The designing of the airflow vents is another positive aspect of this refrigerator. The fridge comes with multiple airflow cooling vents that distribute cold air to every part of the refrigerator. Thus, it ensures uniform cooling and maintains freshness for a long time.
LG maintains its tryst with technological developments by introducing the Smart Diagnosis feature in this fridge. It helps diagnose any problem that the refrigerator could encounter.
It connects with a mobile app on your smartphone to send an SOS signal and transfer data, thereby making it easy for the service centre to rectify the problem.
In this age of AI, it has become necessary to connect your devices at home. This fridge features the Auto Smart Connect technology that connects the refrigerator to the home inverter every time there is a power outage. Thus, it helps in maintaining the freshness of the food.
Maintaining the moisture balance is critical for preserving the freshness of vegetables and fruits that you place inside the vegetable box. This refrigerator comes with an innovative lattice-pattern box cover to maintain the optimum level of moisture inside the fridge.
Besides, this refrigerator comes with adequate storage space to keep sufficient 2L water bottles in the racks.Pros
- Smart inverter compressor saves power
- Compatible with home inverter system
- Smart Diagnosis feature
- Moisture balancing qualities
- Some customers have reported unsatisfactory after-sales service
2. Samsung 253 L 3-Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – RT28T3483S8/HL
Along with LG, Samsung is a notable performer in the Indian domestic scene. Samsung has manufactured some of the best electronics products in India over the years. This refrigerator, with its high-class features, should rival the LG fridge discussed earlier as one of the best refrigerators in India under Rs 25,000.
- Frost-free refrigerator with a storage capacity of 253 litres
- 3-star energy rating
- Digital Inverter Compressor
- Maximum Cooling retention
- One-year warranty on the product
- Ten years on the compressor
Samsung refrigerators draw their power from a high-quality digital inverter compressor. This compressor not only makes less noise but also saves energy. This fridge comes with an inbuilt stabiliser function that eliminates the use of an external stabiliser. It can handle input voltage in the range of 100V to 300V.
Multiple airflow vents inside the refrigerator ensure that there is free circulation of cold air inside the appliance. This continuous flow of cold air enables all-round cooling. Secondly, this fridge comes with unique technology, Cool Pack/Cool Wall, that can keep the food items inside the freezer fresh for a maximum of 12 hours during a power cut.
BEE has certified this Samsung refrigerator as a 3-star appliance, thereby effecting sufficient power savings without having to sacrifice its performance level. This fridge is one of the most energy-efficient appliances in its category.
The Moist Fresh Zone inside the refrigerator controls the air circulation inside the appliance to maintain optimal humidity. It enables us to preserve the freshness of the vegetables and fruits kept inside the vegetable box. Another exciting feature is the movable ice maker to ensure the quick formation of ice.
The toughened glass shelves can hold up to 150kg of heavy load. Therefore, it can handle the heaviest of cooking utensils with ease. The easy-slide shelf feature allows the user to find and reach for the food placed at the back.
A highly efficient LED light illuminates the fridge interiors to make it easy to look out for your food at night.
The ergonomic design of the handle is another talking point of this refrigerator. Some of the other notable features include Power Cool/Freeze options and Fresh Room to store your consumable food items.Pros
- High-quality cooling performance
- Efficient digital inverter compressor
- Cool Wall technology to take care of power cuts
- Can handle high voltage fluctuations
- People have complained of a No-replacement policy
3. Whirlpool 265 L 3-Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – IF INV CNV 278
Whirlpool is an ideal competitor to LG and Samsung because of its high popularity ratings amongst consumers. Having earned a name for itself in the consumer appliances category, Whirlpool has introduced one of the best refrigerators in India under Rs 25,000. This fridge comes with excellent features such as,
- 265 litre capacity with Frost Free technology
- 3-star energy rating
- Convertible freezer with 5-in-1 modes
- Adaptive Intelligence Technology
- Intellisense Inverter Technology for higher efficiency
- One-year warranty on the appliance
- Ten years on the compressor
The 5-in-1 mode convertible freezer is one of the highlights of this Whirlpool refrigerator. This refrigerator, powered by adaptive intelligence, comes with the following modes to deliver high-quality performance.
- All-season Mode
- Chef Mode
- Dessert Mode
- Party Mode
- Deep Freeze Mode
The Adaptive Intelligence feature works towards saving power while delivering high-quality performance. It senses the load and weather conditions along with the usage pattern to adjust the performance of the compressor, thereby saving valuable energy.
The Intellisense Inverter Technology senses the internal load and adjusts the cooling performance. Therefore, the consumer gets the maximum efficiency along with high-quality performance.
Zeolite Technology prevents the excessive ripening of fruits and vegetables while maintaining their freshness levels.
The MicroBlock technology uses a unique anti-microbial additive that inhibits 99% bacterial growth to keep the vegetables and fruits fresh for extended periods. The specially designed air tower with flexi vents ensures the proper distribution of cold air throughout the refrigerator.
This fridge features a Freshonizer functionality that reduces oxidation to maintain the freshness of fruits and vegetables. The vegetable crisper comes with a Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in Technology to ensure optimum freshness of food kept inside the vegetable box.
This fridge is compatible with the home inverter. It can connect to the domestic inverter in the case of a power cut.Pros
- The convertible freezer allows the fridge to expand its storage space to suit the requirements of big families
- Compatible with home inverter
- Minimum noise
- Capable of producing ice within an hour
- The fridge has a low width, thereby making it difficult to place large utensils inside it.
- Customers have complained of poor after-sales service.
4. LG 420 L 3-Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator – GL-1472QPZX.DPZZEBN
LG manufactures refrigerators to suit all families. If the 265-litre capacity was enough to cater to a family of four persons, this 420-litre fridge is ideal for the large Indian family. Hence, LG appliances have always been rated as the best refrigerators available in India. This 420-litre fridge comes with the following excellent features.
- The capacity of 42 litres to cater to large families
- Double door and frost-free refrigerator
- 3-star rating from BEE
- Smart Inverter Compressor
- Ice Beam Door Cooling feature
- Smart Diagnosis
- One-year comprehensive warranty with ten years on the compressor